Please note the guidance and regulations form the Welsh Government can change quickly. The guidance below will be updated accordingly.
Following the announcement from the First Minister Mark Drakeford on Monday 30th November – The Coal Exchange Cardiff is unaffected by the announcement and will continue to operate under the currently guidelines.
Culley’s Kitchen and Bar will be open to non residents till 6pm. After 6pm unfortunately only residents will be able to dine until restaurant closure at 10pm.
Unfortunately from 4th to the 17th December we are unable to sell alcohol in our bar and restaurant, however residents will be able to order drinks to their room via our room service app. This will end at 10pm.
It is mandatory that all guests who are staying or dining with us provide identification to prove their home address inside Wales and are also from the same household – this can be a drivers license or a passport. All guests are required by Welsh Law to complete the Track, Trace and Protect when entering the building with a member of staff providing the correct details, anyone found to be completing the form with the incorrect details can be prosecuted under Welsh Law and fined.
Following the Welsh Government rules, at the moment only one household is able to share accommodation, this is restricted to families living together (or a carer), and does not include extended families or bubbles. If you are a carer or provide assistance to a vulnerable person then you are able to stay with them overnight at the hotel. The proof will be required when checking in.
Anyone who’s booked and not followed the above will not be able to stay with the hotel.
The Hotel is able to accept guests who are travelling into Wales from England or Scotland if their trip is for business and or is deemed an essential journey – we recommend that visitors outside of Wales check the government website in advance to whether their travel is deemed essential.
All bookings made during the difficult time are placed on our COVID-19 protection waiver, this waiver secures your booking in accordance with the below Terms and Conditions.
If your booking is unable to go ahead due to your area being placed under local lockdown, it is the responsibility of the guest to contact the hotel directly to rearrange the booking. We ask that this is done within 48 hours of your arrival. (We understand in some instances this isn’t possible)
If your booking is unable to go ahead due to a national lockdown, the team at the hotel will work periodically through the bookings to issue gift vouchers or a date change in replace of your booking. If this does happen, we ask for your patience as there will be a reduced number of staff working.
YOUR NEXT VISIT
During this difficult time, we have put in place some precautions to protect yourselves and our team. We ask that prior to arrival date you read the below information regarding your stay.
What we are doing to keep you safe.
– As you enter the main reception area there will be a station for you to sanitise your hands and a member of our team will take your temperature. If your temperature is 38.5°c or above, you will be asked to leave the premises. Upon arrival to the hotel, you may be required to queue outside of the building to adhere to Social Distancing Rules.
– To adhere to the Social Distancing and Government Cleaning Regulations, we have reduced the number of residents in house.
– Face coverings are to be worn by guests and staff when in public areas, this also applies to check in, check out, walking to and from your room, in the lift and walking into the restaurant. (Face Coverings can only be removed once sat at your table – any guest who is exempt from wearing a face covering must bring a doctor issued letter along with them)
– We are required by Welsh Governments Law to comply with the Track, Trace and Protect scheme – it is mandatory that all guests complete the Track and Trace online while checking in. A member of the team will advise on arrival.
– A one-way system wherever possible has been introduced within the hotel to reduce contact with other guests and staff. On check in a member of the team will explain in detail.
– Perspex screens have been installed on the reception desk and over the bar areas to protect our guests and staff.
– To adhere to Social Distancing Rules, we have reduced the number of team members in our kitchen are will be running a reduced menu for the foreseeable future.
– Guests who’s booking includes breakfast are advised at their earliest convenience to book their table. Breakfast bookings run every 15 minutes after opening and will be valid for 45 minutes. Use the link below make your booking (please include your booking reference number when booking.
– Due to the current guidance from the Welsh Government we are only able to take bookings for up to six people who are in the same household or form part of a single occupancy household
We thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time. Should you have any questions and wish to speak to a member of the team you can contact us on 02921 991904.
We look forward to seeing you very soon,
Photography by Phillip Warren Photography.
Current Welsh Government Covid-19 Wedding restrictions:
- The Coal Exchange Hotel is only permitted to host weddings for a maximum of 30 Guests who live in the Cardiff area.
- As per Government guidelines, there will be 2m distance between each household.
- We have spoken with Cardiff Registrars and at present, they will allow further guests to attend the Wedding Ceremony, but the Hotel has taken the decision to keep the numbers for the Ceremony to 30 maximum. This decision has been made to allow your day to run smoothly and consistently with your guests staying throughout the whole day with you.
- Face masks must be worn for all guests during the Ceremony and will be allowed to be removed once sat for your Wedding Breakfast.
- You will be able to remove your face masks for the exchanging of your vows and also for you to have that amazing first newlywed kiss.
- During your Wedding Breakfast, your guests will be required to wear their masks whilst walking around the hotel but can remove them once at their designated table.
- We are unable to offer Bar service, but you will have an amazing member of the team offering table service all day and throughout the evening for you and your guests.
- For the Evening, you and your Groom can have your beautiful first dance in front of your friends and family.
- We are unable to allow any dancing of your guests.
- The Government closing times at present are 10 pm, so your day will end at 9.30 pm.