The Coal Exchange Hotel, are looking for a Kitchen Porter to clean our kitchen and support our Chef’s with their duties. This is an entry-level job however, is seen as one of the most valued Jobs within the business as without our Kitchen Porters we would not be able to perform.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include washing pots and pans, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas and occasionally helping with food prep work. If you think you’ll enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help our kitchen adhere to health standards and service customers faster.
- Keep all kitchen work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and ending of shifts
- Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations
- Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation
- Arrange equipment and ingredient deliveries
- Keep the food and supply storage areas organized
- Take out the garbage
- Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables) when needed
- A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
- The ability to stand for long hours
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Patience and cool-headedness
- A high school degree or equivalent is a plus but not necessary
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.91 per hour